We recognise that when you choose to provide us with information about you, you trust us to act responsibly and in your best interests therefore, we have the following policies in place to protect your personal information.
“Applications” means our mobile and tablet applications;
“Collection Channel” means any channel you use to interact with us and provide personal information by any means including either physically or electronically;
“CES “ means Christian Education Services
“Personal information” means any information that identifies or can be used to identify You, directly or indirectly. It has the same meaning as under the Privacy Act, namely information about an identifiable individual;
“Non-personal Information“ means no personally identifying information. It is anonymous and no attempt is made to identify users or their individual browsing activities.
“Privacy Act” means the Privacy Act 2020;
“we”, “us” or “our” mean CES
“Website” means our website is owned and operated by Christian Education Service
How Does CES collect personal information?
We collect personal information about you when you:
- purchase goods and services from us
- enter a competition or other promotion;
- join our mailing list;
- complete a customer survey;
- use of our Website, Applications or social media platforms;
- in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site.
- contact us or interact with us by any Collection Channel.
How can I access and correct my information?
Under the Privacy Act legislation, you can ask to see any information we may hold about you and you also have the right to have any inaccuracies in the same corrected by us.
If you believe that the personal information we hold about you is incorrect, you may ask us to correct it by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may also ask you to verify your identity in order to help us respond efficiently to your request.
We will comply with any such requests to the extent required by the Privacy Act legislation within fourteen (14) days of the receipt of your request.
How does CES use and disclose personal information?
When you request Goods, Services or Content, we may collect personal information supplied by you when you complete an order form online, by email, or by invoice, in order to facilitate the purchase of Goods, Services or Content. Such information will enable us to:
- process your transactions efficiently,
- to personalise user experience.
- to send periodic emails. We may use the email address to respond to user inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If a User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates
- to assist with any calls you make to us or our services
- to communicate promotional offers and special events;
- to provide, maintain and improve our products and services
- to administer and improve our Website to allow you to use and enjoy the functionality of our Website and Applications;
- to compile and analyse statistics, trends and online behaviour for our internal administrative, marketing, planning, product development and research requirements.
- to meet legal requirements and manage business risk; and
- for any other purpose, we tell you about when we collect your personal information.
To meet these purposes, we may disclose your personal information for the purposes set out above in the ordinary operation of our business; or to other agencies as required.
Occasionally other companies and individuals perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and emails, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments and providing customer services. Such companies and individuals will have access to personal information needed to perform these functions, but may not use it for any other purposes and are required to process the data in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993.
If we utilise the services of third parties and disclose your personal information to those third parties for the purposes set out above, we will require those third parties to protect your personal information from unauthorised use and disclosure. This includes services of third-party suppliers located in countries other than New Zealand and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that such overseas third parties manage and protect your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 2020.
CES complies fully with the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007. We will not share, sell, rent, swap or authorise any third party to use your email address without your permission. If you feel you have received an email from us in error, please contact us.
How does CES retain and protect personal information?
We take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. We cannot guarantee the security of any personal information transmitted over the internet and you will be liable to protect any emails you may send to or receive from us which provide access to the personal information we hold for you.
We will retain personal information only for as long as we have a lawful purpose to use it, and we take all reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify personal information that we no longer need.
We may retain personal information about you electronically and in hard copy records (including but not limited to email or SMS databases and cloud backups of emails and other communications with you).
As required by the Privacy Act 1993, we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information, which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access. We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
If a privacy breach occurs (for example your personal information was shared with unauthorised persons) and the breach has caused or is likely to cause, harm to you, we will notify you and the Office of the Privacy Commissioner as soon as is practicable.
Does CES store payment details?
CES does not store any credit card or bank transfer details. Your credit card/ bank transfer details are required to process payments on the CES order payment system. Windcave (Payment gateway) processes all payment transactions, on our behalf.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Nonpersonal identification information may include aggregate data to reputable third-party to analyse our website performance e.g. sales, traffic patterns, what content or services are most popular, and to measure the effectiveness of any advertising we may undertake and related site information. These statistics will include no personally identifying information. It is anonymous and no attempt is made to identify users or their individual browsing activities.
We may also collect the following information/tracking data for statistical purposes and to help us understand how to make our Website more available and user-friendly for you and to measure the success of any advertising activities We may undertake:
- Your IP address.
- The date and time of Your visits to Our Website.
- Your clicks and activity on this Website or Newsletters
- The referring Website if any through which You clicked this Website.
- Technical information on Your browser, device and operating systems.
This Site uses persistent cookies for the purpose of tracking Site usage and traffic – note: these cookies do not read your hard drive or collect personal information.
Cookies are pieces of information that our web server may send to your computer or device when you visit our website. Cookies can facilitate your ongoing access to and use of our Websites and Applications. Cookies allow us to track usage patterns and to compile data that can assist us to improve our content, products, services and target advertising.
We also use your IP address to help diagnose any problems with our server and administer our Websites and Applications. Your IP address is used to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information about you.
Website links to other websites and services?
The CES Site does not contain links to other websites but does have a Mailchimp link for newsletter purposes only.
How does CES communicate with you?
- Confirmation of the status of your order will be emailed to you.
- If necessary this email will be followed up by a phone call.
- If you have opted-in to receive promotional information from time to time, we may email you information about products and services that may interest you.
- Customer enquiries can be made using the contact details options listed on the contact page of the website.
How do I opt out of receiving communication from CES?
At any time you may opt-out of receiving any communications from us (other than communications required for the operation of our business, such as communications regarding the status of your order) by:
- contacting us in writing using the contact details below.
- using the unsubscribe link in any commercial electronic messages (SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Message Service), IM (Instant Messaging) email or newsletter you may receive from now or in the future.
How can I raise a privacy concern with CES?
- If you have concerns about the way CES has managed your information, or you think that we have breached the Privacy Act, let us know using the contact details below. Please be specific about your concerns, as this will help us to resolve them for you.
- We will investigate your concerns and advise you in writing of the outcome of the investigation within 60 days. If we have breached the Privacy Act, we will do our best to resolve the matter with you.
- To access, correct, update or request deletion of personal information. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the data We collect is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete and up to date.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Christian Education Services
Phone: +64 3 477 6976
Address: Maungatapere, Whangarei, New Zealand
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We use the information we collect on the site to enhance your overall CES experience. We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others. If you would rather not receive any marketing emails from us, you may opt-out at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send to you.